Wednesday, July 4, 2012

ALR PGR July 4 th Redood City Parade  and Tom Ballards

Pics are top to bottom, click on a pic twice for full size, text for a pic is under the pic.

Ernie H got ALR, PGR and WWR invited to ride in the Redwood City Parade so off I went!  There were a bunch of parades today and I'm sure plenty of folks attended.  We had 7 scoots and one 2-up, Ernie and Sherry. 


We staged at Post 564 and 5 hearty souls showed, Ernie and Sherry, Bunker, Larry and the Cranky dude.   0920 we went to second stage and nobody showed, so off to find the parade.  We found a bunch of parade, finally a lady took pity on us and told us where to go.... nicely!  To the front of our block we went!

The parade spokesperson told us "no excessive noise!!!".  I asked Ernie, how can you do that!  We were just ourselves!!!  GBG  Great parade and we managed to make a little noise!


We joined the other 3 scoots that we thought were going to be at second staging.


Bunker in center checking out the line coming in from the left.  You can see our number on the street 501, and of course, I have to say Blues!


The rest of our block behind us.


Some nice old cars!  I forgot to get a pic of the double articulated bike that was being peddled.  The rear seat twisted like a unicycle, and the front tire also turned.  The rider was doing some unnatural riding!

They also had some recumbent bikes, they are called bents, and I explained the two types, USS and ASS.  Under Seat Steering and Above Seat Steering, just wowing folks with my "vast" knowledge, har.....


Even had some air support!


The blocks to our left were emptying out....


After this group, we were up!   We didn't make any excessive noise, I don't know how Ya can do that!!!!  GBG  We just had a good time and lots of waves and toots!  Lots of folks attended, the streets were lined many deep.

Well, Bunker was headed over to Tom Ballard's  place and Larry and I followed.  I like having fun with Bunker!   He said he was taking 84 over, and that was my intended route also and off we went with Bunker in the lead, right over 101 and headed north...  now 84 was south of us but nothing could be done, so I followed along to see where would wind up!  GBG  Well, he recovered nicely and we went over 92 and I think it was an even wash on distance, but I still had to give him a little "stuff" about a new 'nic "Wrong Turn"!!!  


Made it safe and this is by far the most scoots I've seen at Tom's!!  Great showing.


Tom's blocked parking for PGR was full so we parked across the street.  Must have been a dozen plus scoots!


Well I chatted a bit up front and went back to say hi to Tom, and HE PUT US TO WORK!!!!!  GBG (Great Big Grin) We had to put the cover over the tent frame for some sun shelter.


Got back up front and saw the smart guys!!! Cajun, Larry and Sgtmaj.   Great day and I had to get moving or I could see me eating a lot of good / bad for me stuff!!!  Thanks again Tom for doing this!!! Good to see Ya!

While inside the home visiting, Tom introduced me to a couple folks, one was named Rosy....   AKA: Rosy the Riveter!!!!  Quite an honor!!!! 

No comments: